389 River Road
The Peconic River Sportsman's Club, situated on 400 acres, is located in Manorville, N.Y. Our property consists of woodlands, fields, trails, a 38 acre lake and several historic buildings which were purchased in 1972 from the Donahue- Woolworth Estate.
Our sporting venues are varied and consist of a licensed game preserve, indoor and outdoor archery ranges, small bore and high power rifle ranges, and a 50 yard pistol range featuring both bullseye shooting with turning targets as well as steel plate shooting.
Our shotgun sports facility is second to none. We feature 6 combination trap and skeet fields a 5 stand and a 15 station sporting clays course
Although the Peconic River Sportsman's Club is a private club, we open our facility to the public to promote the shooting sports in competition, education and safety training. We hold competitions in trap, skeet, sporting clays, rifle, pistol and archery.
Our educational programs are outstanding and well known throughout N.Y. State. Some of our educational programs are as follows:
• Sportsman's Education for the NY Department of Environmental Conservation
• Youth Conservation Program in conjunction with the NY Department of Environmental Conservation
• U.S. Service Rifle Small Arms Firing School (SAFS) in conjunction with the Civilian Marksmanship Program and the NYS Rifle and Pistol Association
We organize and host various charitable shooting events such as Sportsmen for Charity with the proceeds going to worthy causes as the Women's Health Partnership, Autism research, Boots on the Ground and other local charities.
We also feature a robust Youth Club with various programs in fishing, hunting, firearms safety, marksmanship and general outdoor activities such as camping and wildlife education.
Part of our club's mission statement includes "Maintaining good public I community relations". We fulfill this by opening our ranges for firearms training to NY State Police, Riverhead Town Police, F.B.I., NYS DEC, and others such as the Boy Scouts of America. In fact, we host Cadets from the U.S. Military Academy annually in our "West Point" shoot.
As you can see, the Peconic River Sportsman's Club has a commitment to the support of our community and those who serve us in law enforcement and the military. Our doors will always be open to continue this tradition.
The Peconic River Sportsman's Club was proud to be the recipient of the NYS Rifle and Pistol Association's HUNTING and CONSERVATION CLUB of the YEAR AWARD and the National Rifle Association's GOLD MEDAL CLUB AWARD.
We are dedicated to strict adherence of, and follow environmental practices that protect and preserve our land and water. We are extremely honored to have been the first private club in the United States to be awarded the Federal Environmental Protection Agency's CERTIFICATE OF RECOGNITION for submitting our own Environmental Stewardship Plan. This award is based on our adoption and implementation of the EPA's recommended best management practices for control and cleanup of lead deposits at outdoor shooting ranges. Three goals that enabled us to achieve this award are:
• The plan was developed proactively on the initiative of PRSC
• The plan summarizes the environmental activities of PRSC to date as well as plans presented for the continuing environmental stewardship into the future
• The plan is consistent with the guidelines and recommendations of the US EPA and the National Shooting Sports Foundation
The award of this certificate would not have been possible without the encouragement and guidance of our environmental consultant, Dr. Richard Peddicord and our environmental attorney, Anthony Muratore Esq.
Each of our shooting programs, educational programs, charitable works, and awards received are the direct result of countless man hours donated by our Officers, Board of Directors, Club Committees, and dedicated club members who give selflessly to insure the future and betterment of the shooting and outdoor sports.
MISSION STATEMENT OF THE PECONIC RIVER SPORTSMAN'S CLUB
• Maintaining the environmental, ecological, and historical integrity of our lands, waters and facilities.
• Promoting the safe use of firearms and the protection and preservation of our constitutionally guaranteed Second Amendment rights.
• Preserving and improving wildlife and freshwater habitats.
• Maintaining good public / community relations.
• Protection, maintenance and restoration of our historic buildings.
• Providing educational programs to members as well as the public to further the achievement of our goals.
At PRSC, we believe it is our responsibility to preserve the past and enrich the present. Through the accomplishment of this endeavor, we will provide a secure foundation for the future.
PECONIC RIVER SPORTSMAN'S CLUB
389 River Road
Manorville, N.Y. 11949-5248
OFFICERS AND DIRECTORS
President: Edward Walden Director:Paul Sommella
Vice President: Joseph Hocker, Jr. Director:Lawrence Bonavita
Secretary:Ronald D. Sineo Director:Perry Iannacone Jr
Treasurer: John Borchers, Jr. Director:Michael Carroll
Financial Secretary:Leonard Giarraputo Director: Thomas Winsper
PRSC CLUB ATTORNEYS
Counsel: Josh Blumberg, Esq.
Environmental Attorneys: John J. McDonough, Esq.
John Armentano, Esq.
Anthony Muratore, Esq.
Environmental Consultant: Richard Peddicord, PhD.
Club Manager: Paul Schumann
Club Caretaker: Dean Daniels
Club Groundskeeper: John Niemczyk